Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another beautiful weekend in Melbourne!!

This past weekend I spent enjoying the city of Melbourne. I did some walking around, checking out different areas of the city I hadn't seen and just enjoying not working!!!! It has been VERY busy at work the past few weeks, so I was happy to sleep in and not log into the computer!!! I went to the Melbourne Aquarium which is right on the bank of the Yarra River. It had a lot of great things. Here are a few pictures from my visit.

This is the outside of the Aquarium. Pretty basic :)
The Penguins. They are so cute!!!!
This area is the "Fish Bowl". It was a large open area where the tank went all around. They had a lot of Rays, Snapper, Sharks and even a Turtle. Here is one of the Rays swimming around.
This is one of the larger sharks. Apparently they named him Mitchell. Jen, I thought of you :)
I went at the perfect time. They had 2 divers go and feed the sharks and rays. Here is one of the Rays being feed.
Finally one of the Sharks came in for some food. It was hard to get a picture of them, as they snatched the food really quickly!!!
It was a really great day. It made me want to go diving soon!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. They have Aquarium's in Australia? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Mitchell! How cute!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was Jen by the way. I can't figure out how to post a comment with my name on it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what Jen, I can't figure it out either - I was the anonymous on the Skippy comment. Ha!

    ReplyDelete