Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcome to Melbourne

So my first full day in Melbourne is coming to a close. Not feeling too much jet lag and I am loving the city. Day 1 at work was a success. I met most of the people I will be working with and they are all very nice. That is the IBM people at least. The office is in the part of town known as Southgate. It is right on the Yarra River. Nothing too much to report today since it was all work work work, but here are a few pictures I took on my way home from work.

The picture above is of a restaurant in Federation Square. I had to be all touristy and take a picture of the city name :)

This is view of Melbourne from the Princes Bridge. It's a pretty nice walk back to the hotel at night!

Here is the IBM office I am working in. We are on the 28th floor so we have a pretty good view of the River and the Southbank area (I took this one on the way into work)

Here I am with my tennis shoes in the rain at Federation Square. It was a lot busier in the morning, and I'm sure there would be a ton more people out if it hadn't been raining. Day 1 is done, and I am looking forward to this weekend so I can check out more of the city!!!



3 comments:

  1. OMG! Its beautiful!!! So glad you are blogging while you are there! You are so lucky to have this opportunity! I will stalk you every day online. :) HA! Good luck w/ everything & have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, did you try the Vegemite? - I have and I really don't know how or why they eat it! I am so glad you are having a good time! Love ya hon! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Vegemite is CLEARLY the superstar of your adventure so far. If and when you try it, you are going to have to dedicate an entire post to it. Haha.

    I love the pictures, and I am SO proud of you for starting a blog!!!

    ReplyDelete